Airtel Npm Free Screen Replacement (FSR) Program
- Airtel’s Free Screen Replacement Plan
This value-added service plan (“Plan”) governs the registration and Free Screen Replacement for Airtel consumers having an Android Phone (“Smartphone”) purchased via an authorized sales channel of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM’s). The list of eligible Smartphones are mentioned in Annexure A.
- For the Free Screen Replacement program, Airtel has partnered with Servify for repair/replacement
- Plan Details
An Airtel consumer who,
- an eligible smartphone (as per the Annexure A below))
- Is on Rs 249 recharge Bundle or above with 1.5 GB / day data or more at all instances- ( Continuously on “Eligible Recharge”)
- His/her Smartphone passes all diagnostics tests as mentioned in the Airtel Thanks App
- Free Screen Replacement is eligible only for consumers who qualify for Smartphone Offer and subsequently do an Eligible Recharge within 30 days of the New 4G Handset being used by the User on Airtel network.
- A consumer upon doing an Eligible Recharge will get only upto 90 day period to activate / enrol for the Free Screen Replacement Program.
- Plan Validity
- The Plan will be valid for 1 year from the plan activation date subject to customer meeting eligibility criteria as highlighted in 2.1.
- Plan Benefits
Consumers who have successfully activated the Plan (as described in section 3 below) on the eligible smartphone (“Covered Device”) will be eligible to avail the following benefits during the term of the Plan.
2.3.1. Screen of the covered smartphone that has suffered an accidental damage
- Covered Value
Maximum Covered Value is equivalent to one (1) screen replacement for the Covered Device at the time of submitting a Damage Repair Request for availing accidental screen damage protection as eligible under this Plan. If the repair charges are more than the screen replacement cost, the Consumer will have the option to bear the differential price for obtaining the repair as determined by the Authorized Service Centre (“ASC”). The Consumer has to pay a mandatory Pickup & delivery charges as below during a Screen Damage Repair Request availed under the Plan.
Android Phones – Coverage Details Provided the Smartphone is handed over to Servify or its authorized representatives in its entirety during the repair process & that the consumer has provided all the necessary details as may be desired under this Plan, the following conditions would be covered:
If the Smartphone:
- Suffers accidental physical screen damage
- Suffers damage due to:
- Acts of God perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage during riot or strike
Please note that if the Smartphone has been tampered, is already damaged at the time of activation or has undergone an unauthorized repair, it will not be eligible for any benefits. The final decision in this regard will rest with Servify.
Servify reserves the right to deactivate the benefits under the Plan in case the eligibility criteria are not met or plan’s terms & conditions are not adhered to by the Consumer even after the activation of the plan.
- Plan Activation Process
To activate the Plan, below are the requisites:
- The Smartphone must be purchased from an OEM’s authorized sales channel by the consumer
- The consumer must be on a required Airtel billing Plan. If not already subscribed to the required Airtel billing Plan, the consumer must upgrade to the eligible one.
- The consumer must complete the activation process on the Airtel Thanks App by following the diagnostics steps explained within the App. Upon successfully completing the activation on the App, and the Smartphone passing the eligibility checks, the Plan will be activated, and a confirmation message will be shown to the consumer on the App.
- There is a “Cool Off Period” of 21 days from the date of activation of the Plan. This means that a consumer cannot raise any Damage Service Request during this period.
- Availing Plan Benefits
In the event of a damage of the Smartphone, consumer is required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 48 Hours from the time of the damage) inform Servify through the Airtel Thanks App or Consumer Web Portal or Call Center Number (1 800 123 333 888) detailing how the damage occurred, place of damage, date & time of damage as per the process listed on the App/Consumer Web Portal. The damage incident and the service request from the consumer in totality is referred to as “Damage Service Request” here.
- The consumer will not handover the Smartphone for repairs at any Authorized Service Provider (ASP) or point of sales, until confirmed by Servify and a valid Damage Service Request is registered with Servify as per the process defined here in above. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any repair requests where the Smartphone is handed over to an Authorized Service Provider (ASP) by consumer before the approval from Servify; and any liabilities arising out of such repair requests before the in-principal approval from Servify will be solely handled by the consumer at their own expense.
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Consumer may choose screen replacement on approval of Damage Repair Request under the Plan. The next steps will be shown to the consumer in the App/Consumer Web Portal. All repairs are through Brand Authorized Service Providers only.
- There is a Pickup & delivery charges of Rs.599 (inclusive of taxes) on an event of Damage repair under the Plan. This payment must be made in full before the repair process is initiated.
- If the Covered Smartphone is repaired during the Damage Service Request event, the manufacturer’s warranty of the Covered Smart
- Servify will provide services through one or more of the following options, once the approval is provided:
- Pick/Drop Service
Servify provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) for the Covered Smartphones, for serviceable locations. If Servify determines that the Covered Smartphone is eligible for the pick-drop services, Servify will send you a prepaid way bill (shipping label). The way bill will be available for download from the App or Consumer Web Portal. On completion of the repair process, the Smartphone will be delivered to the address of the initial pickup. In case, the PUDO service is not available, you will have to dispatch the Smartphone as per the Self-Courier process mentioned below.
Consumer opts to send the Smartphone to an address as communicated by Servify via email or a notification on the App. On completion of the repair process, the Smartphone will be delivered to the address as mentioned by the consumer at the time of submitting the Request. In such scenarios wherein the consumer self-couriers his smartphone, the consumer will be eligible for reimbursement of maximum Rs.200/-. For reimbursement, the consumer will have to share the bank account details along with the courier payment receipt to Servify.
- Pick/Drop Service
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which repair/replacement service is provided to the consumer, and the eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city consumer lives in and Servify has no control on the same
- TThe complete process takes about 7-12 Days (subject to parts availability) from the time you submit all the required information.
- Consumer’s Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, consumer agrees to comply with the following:
- Provide the IMEI of the Smartphone to be registered
- Run a diagnostic test as described in the Airtel Thanks App during Plan activation process to determine the eligibility of the Smartphone (as described in section 3 above)
- Subscribe to pre-defined tariff plan (as determined by Airtel)
- Provide a copy of their Smartphone’s original proof of purchase, if requested
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Smartphone
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify the consumer of the Plan
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Smartphone IMEI, Serial Number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals Smartphone connected or installed on the Smartphone, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Smartphone experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid such damage or malfunction
- Follow the instructions Servify gives the consumer, including but not limited to refraining from sending the Smartphone that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan
- TTake backup and delete the data residing in the Smartphone and turn off ‘Find My Phone’ feature before submitting the Phone for any repair under the Plan. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF DAMAGE SERVICE REQUEST, SERVIFY OR THE ASP MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE Smartphone AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify or the ASP will return the Smartphone after the service event or provide a replacement Smartphone as per OEM’s service policies. Servify or the ASPs may install the latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Smartphone from reverting to an earlier version of the operating system as per OEM’s service policies. Third party applications installed on the Smartphone may or may not be compatible or work with the Smartphone as a result of such operating system upgrade or update. Consumer will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, applications, data and passwords as per their need post such service interventions as part of the Damage Service Request fulfilment.
- Fill & submit the necessary details and the declaration as required for submitting a valid Damage Service Request
- Transfer Of Plan
Transfer of Free Screen Replacement benefit is not allowed.
The Plan will not cover:
- Plan will cease to be in effect if the consumer exits the Airtel prepaid tariff plan (as specified by Airtel)
- Any damage or repair request raised and reported in the “Cool Off Period” (21 days of first activation of the Plan)
- Any loss or damage to the Covered Smartphone:
- due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- arising before or after Coverage Period
- under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- due to hire or loan of the Covered Smartphone to a third party or if ownership is transferred
- due to unlawful act including Terrorist activity, War, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber Attack
- caused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, gross negligence, incorrect installation and incorrect set-up
- due to serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the OEM
- due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Covered Smartphone
- Damage caused by:
- a product/accessory that is not the Covered Smartphone
- operating the Covered Smartphone outside the permitted or intended uses described by manufacturer
- service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Authorized Service Centre (“ASC”) of or any failure/damage caused outside the Indian territory
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Covered Smartphone or the software
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, or otherwise due to normal aging of the product or manufacturer defect
- Cosmetic damage to the Covered Smartphone including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Any loss affecting to SIM card and any ancillary products even if Covered Smartphone results into complete stoppage of working
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then current version
- Your use of a computer or operating system that is unrelated to consumer software or connectivity issues with the Covered Smartphone
- Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Covered Smartphone
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data are not covered under this Plan
- Any loss or damage to accessories and panels even if forming part of the standard pack or to any complimentary or ancillary product/s made available under any promotional scheme
- If the consumer is unable to provide the damaged Covered Smartphone
- Damaged device where the IMEI cannot be identified. Please note that the IMEI mentioned on the SIM tray will not be considered as an identification of the device IMEI
- If any damages are found in the images captured during plan purchase, the same will be validated during the claim request and can lead to rejection
- Special Exclusions
Servify shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to the Covered Smartphone relating to or caused due to the following:
- Damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Smartphone
- Damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is an accidental damage and not covered within the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Damage to the Smartphone which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Servify shall not be liable for any loss or damage if:
- The consumer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Smartphone and/or
- Due to the inability of the consumer to submit any information required to assess the eligibility, either at the time of registration of the Plan or Damage Service Request.
- The Plan shall also not cover a damage or loss:
- For compensation towards damage, if the said Damage Service Request has already been availed once during the term of the Plan
- In any action, suit or other proceedings where Servify alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, damage or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, damage or liability is covered shall be upon the consumer or the consumer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or the Smartphone
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO CONSUMERS FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS’ DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO CONSUMER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE MARKET OPERATING PRICE OF THE SMARTPHONE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (I) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR/REPLACE/UPGRADE THE SMARTPHONE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (II) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (III) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SMARTPHONE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE SMARTPHONE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to consumer in doing so
- Servify is not be responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- Consumer may be required to perform preventative maintenance on the Smartphone to receive service under the Plan, and update the Airtel Thanks App from time to time whenever there is a new version available on the app Store or as advised from Airtel/Servify from time to time
- This Plan is offered and valid only if the consumer is residing in India or the damage to the Smartphone occurred while the consumer is in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached at least the age of 18 years. This Plan may not be available in states, where its prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between consumer and them
- TThe terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Smartphone and the Plan confirmation communication, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute consumer’s and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to this Plan
- Servify/Airtel are not obligated to renew this Plan.
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed & or revised from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Servify & Airtel does not own the responsibility of the communication for the changes made if any. Revisions in the terms & conditions, if any will be updated on this page.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect consumer’s statutory rights as a consumer, under Consumer Protection Act, 1986. Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan.
- Support Contact Details:
- Annexure A: Eligible Smartphone
- Eligible Android Phones
- Less than 36 months since product launch
- Device must be:
- less than or equal to Rs.10000, as defined by Servify. Servify decision will be final and binding in defining device price.
- covered under the Eligible Handset Models in Smartphone Cashback Offer T&Cs
- Belong to Supported OEMs, as stated below in Clause 13.2
- The Smartphone must not be damaged or tampered with (as per guidelines set by the OEM)
- Supported OEMs
- Eligible Android Phones