Bharti Assist Secure– 1 Year Extended Warranty Plan
Extended Warranty (“Plan”)
- The Plan
This extended service (warranty) program governs the support process for mechanical and electrical breakdown/ defects, to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Original Warranty for Smartphones (“Device”) sold by its manufacturer’s official sales channels/retailers in India and in its original packaging. This plan is not valid for any products that are purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer and even in unboxed condition
- Plan Term
Benefits under the Plan begins from the next day after the expiry of the Manufacturer’s Warranty on the Device and ends on completion of 1 Year from the Plan start date (“Plan Term”)
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan can be purchased only within a period of 365 calendar days from the date of the original purchase of the Device, and subject to the Device being in its perfect working condition.
- To register for the Plan and obtain your Plan Confirmation, download the Bharti Assist Care Mobile Application (“Bharti Assist Care App”) from Google Play Store / Apple Store on the Device you wish to register under the Plan. Register your Device for the Plan with the Activation Code sent to you to complete the activation formalities. The Plan registration and activation process (as described in Point 6) has to be completed within 365 calendar days of purchase of the Device
- The registration and Plan Activation (as described in Point 6 below) has to be completed within 365 calendar days of purchase of the Device
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan, the proof of your identity, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation, are each part of your Plan
- Benefits under the extended warranty plan is an extension of the benefits provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty on the purchase of the Device
- Unlimited number of Repair Requests up-to the available Benefits Value (as defined in Point 4.3) is allowed during the term of the Plan. All subsequent Repair Requests, if any, shall be considered for paid repair only
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The device that has been successfully registered under the Plan within 365 calendar days from the date of original purchase of the Device is termed as “Registered Device”.
The purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s immediate relatives or the recipient of the Registered Device as a gift, can also be the user subject to the fulfilment of the conditions mentioned in the terms and conditions here. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorised to use the Registered Device.
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the original invoice value of the Registered Device. The Benefits Value at any given point of time will be calculated by subtracting the repair costs of all the subsequent repair service requests, if any, from the Invoice Value of the Registered Device. Unlimited number of Repair Requests or one instance of replacement of your Registered Device, up-to the Benefits Value, can be availed under the Plan.
If the repair or replacement charges are more than the Benefits Value, the Customer will receive the Benefits Value as the complete settlement under this plan. If the Benefits Value is received by Customer as settlement, the original Device, accessories and the box should be submitted to Bharti Assist Global.
In case the accessories along with the original box are not received by Bharti Assist Global, there will be a deduction of Rs.1000/- for Apple devices & Rs.500/- for Non-Apple devices from the final settlement amount.
Please note that, the total amount of benefits paid or payable under this Plan shall not exceed the original invoice value paid by the Customer for the Registered Device under this Plan.
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided that the Registered Device is handed over to Bharti Assist Global or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Repair Request Process and that the Customer has submitted all the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from official sales channels of the manufacturer in India, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan:
Any mechanical or electrical breakdown/defects to the registered device, to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty, including the cost of parts and labour for the products manufactured in India or is legally imported in India and sold through official sales channels of manufacturer and supported by an invoice and Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee.
- Plan purchased beyond 365 days of the purchase of the Registered Device and not been activated as per the terms
- Plan purchased and activated on a defective Device
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturer’s, supplier’s or repairer’s guarantee or warranty
- Non-operating and cosmetic defect to the Registered Device such as defect to paintwork, product finish, dents or scratches
- Any accidental or liquid or physical damages to the Registered Device
- Accessories or consumable item used in or with the Registered Device unless covered under a separable warranty policy
- Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the Registered Device
- Benefits under the Plan will not under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or defect to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential defects including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Plan and loss of use during the period that the Registered Device is at an authorized service centre and/or while awaiting parts
- Defect caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary and accident including earthquake, storm and or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, dust, water, negligence, fire, flood, lightning, malicious defect, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of God, animal or insect infestation or intrusion
- Defect resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes
- Problems or defects not covered under the original Manufacturers’ Warranty/Guarantee
- Batteries, internal or external to the Registered Device
- Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to the Registered Device
- Recalls or modifications to the Registered Device
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions or the instructions from Bharti Assist Global during the term of the Plan
- Costs arising from incorrect installation, modification or maintenance, or being unable to use the Registered Device
- Costs if no fault is found with the Registered Device
- Defect/failure caused before or during the delivery of Registered Device from the reseller
- Use of batteries, charger and/or accessories not approved by the manufacturer, incorrect electrical leads or connection
- The cost of repairing, restoring or reconfiguring software
- Any consequential or incidental defects arising from the use or loss of use of the Registered Device
- If the Registered Device is sold by original buyer to other party
- If the Registered Device is moved out of India, or used outside of India, it will not be covered under this Plan
- The Registered Device is not used in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines for usage of the Registered Device including but not limited to regular maintenance & up keep of the Registered Device
- Damaged device where the IMEI/Serial no. cannot be identified. Please note that the IMEI mentioned on the SIM tray will not be considered as an identification of the device IMEI.
- Special Exclusions
Bharti Assist Global shall not be liable in respect of loss or defect to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or defect due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Registered Device
- Loss or defect due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is not accidental defect and which is covered within the Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term of the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Registered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Bharti Assist Global shall not be liable if:
- The Customer or User is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device and/or the Plan is purchased for the Registered Device after 365 calendar days from the date of purchase of the Registered Device
- If the mandatory activation & registration of the Registered Device is not completed by installing the Bharti Assist Care App on the same Registered Device and completing the initial registration and activation within 365 calendar days of purchase of the Device
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit any of the repair request processing and Device purchase documents required by Bharti Assist Global or its partners for processing the eligible repair request
- The Plan shall also not cover a loss:
- Repair Request amount has exhausted the Benefits Value of the Registered Device
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where Bharti Assist Global its underwriting partner(s), alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, defect or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, defect or liability is covered shall be upon the Customer
- “Registered” Device
- Plan Activation
You are mandatorily required to download the Bharti Assist Care App, register the Registered Device on the app and activate the plan within 365 days of original purchase of the Device. The liability and responsibility of completing the activation process is solely on you (Customer). You may get an automated communication of confirmation of your registration on completing the document upload formalities. Bharti Assist Global may deny any support (i) if the registration is not done as per the above requirements; (ii) if any defect or loss has occurred to the Registered Device prior to completing the mandatory registration.
If the purchaser of the Plan is an Enterprise or a Company (purchasing in bulk), the Plans will be auto activation based on the device and customer/employee details shared by Enterprise/Company to Bharti Assist Global. The onus of providing the correct details of the Devices, Devices Invoice and any other documents or details (if requested) within 365 days of date of purchase of the Devices, to complete the registration of these Devices lies with the Enterprise/Company. The Enterprise/Company shall get an automated communication as a confirmation of your registration on completing the Plan registration formalities. Bharti Assist Global may deny any support (i) if the registration is not done as per the above requirements; (ii) if any damage has occurred to the Device /Devices prior to completing the mandatory registration.
- Service Request Process
In the event of defect to the Registered Device, you (Customer) are required to:
- Immediately (not later than 72 Hours from the time of the defect) inform Bharti Assist Global through the Bharti Assist Care App detailing the defect, and any documentary evidence of the defect.
- Submit all repair request related information/documents as mentioned in the Bharti Assist Care App within seven (7) calendar days of raising the request or within the timelines as mentioned in the app or communicated to You by Bharti Assist Global
- Do note that the Customer is eligible only if the Customer has downloaded the Bharti Assist Care App on the Registered Device & registered the Plan within 365 calendar days of purchase of the Device and before a defect has occurred or started malfunctioning. Additionally, the request is accepted only if the Registered Device was not more than 365 calendar days old when this Plan was purchased, and the Registered Device was in perfect working condition at the time of purchase of the Plan.
- Please note, you (Customer) will not handover the Registered Device for repairs at any service centre, including at any Authorised Service Center until confirmed by Bharti Assist Global. It is expressly stated that Bharti Assist Global will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Registered Device is handed over to a service center by you (Customer) before the approval from Bharti Assist Global; any liabilities arising out of such actions before the in-principal approval of the request from Bharti Assist Global will be solely handled by you at your own expense
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Bharti Assist Global provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) Service for the Registered Device, for serviceable locations. You are required to wait until Bharti Assist Global confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the App about the status of the Repair Request and the next steps expected. Once you are notified & that the service (either repair or replacement) is complete, you will promptly be notified via the App. The repaired / replacement device will be delivered to the address of initial pickup within the next working day of completion of repair / replacement
- Bharti Assist Global reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair / replacement service to you and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- Issue, if any, found post receiving the repaired/replaced handset, should be reported within 48 hrs. of the delivery to Bharti Assist Global
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested again
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the defect to the Registered Device
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Customer or User of the Device on which Plan is activated
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the serial number of the Registered Device, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the defect and steps taken to avoid the defect
- Follow instructions Bharti Assist Global or ASPs or gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Registered Device that is not subject to service as per the Plan and packing the Registered Device in accordance with shipping instructions
- Make sure to backup software and data residing on the Registered Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF SERVICE BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL OR THE ASP MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE COVERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Bharti Assist Global, or ASPs may return your Registered Device after the service event or provide a replacement unit as the Registered Device was originally configured, subject to applicable updates. Bharti Assist Global or the ASPs may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that may prevent the Registered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Registered Device may not be compatible or work with the Registered Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords
- You will update all the new versions available for the Bharti Assist Care App from time to time and not delete the Bharti Assist Care App from the Registered Device, failing which the benefits may stand invalid and you might be asked to download the Bharti Assist Care App again, and the condition of the Registered Device may be determined at your costs before enabling your entitlement towards the Plan benefits of the Registered Device
- Fill and submit the requested forms and the declaration as required for submitting a valid a repair request
- Transfer of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Customer to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DEFECTS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE CURRENT MARKET VALUE OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE. BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, BHARTI ASSIST GLOBAL’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- General Terms
- Bharti Assist Global may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Bharti Assist Global is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- You are not required to perform preventative maintenance on the Registered Device to receive service under the Plan, but update the Bharti Assist Care App / Consumer Web Portal from time to time whenever there is a new version available on the Google Play Store
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a purchase in India and using in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Bharti Assist Global may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Bharti Assist Global have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Bharti Assist Global regarding the processing of data, and Bharti Assist Global will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Bharti Assist Global’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Bharti Assist Global is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Bharti Assist Global does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Customers consents to Bharti Assist Global sending periodic transactional SMS regarding the Plan bought by the customers as per the governing TRAI regulations
- Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan
- Support Contact Details: