At Bharti AXA General Insurance, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to serve you in a better way.
- “BAGI” or “Bharti AXA GI” or “Us” means Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited.
- “Call Center” means the call center facility set up/ engaged by Bharti AXA to assist its Customers with respect to various transactions and to furnish information etc., regarding its products and such other related information. The Customers can presently reach BAGI on the numbers notified on the Website.
- “Personal Data” or “Personal Information” means any information relating to a Person who can be identified either:
- directly from that data; or
- from that data together with any other information which either is or likely to be available.”
However, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or is permissible to be furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as personal data.
- Examples of Personal data include: name, pseudonyms, address, telephone number, identity card number, occupation, salary/compensation, health or personal records, birth date, etc
Personal Information or Personal Data also includes ‘Sensitive personal data’.
Personal Data is each piece of information related to the individual, regardless of the form in which it is expressed and the format in which it is kept in or on the information holder (storage media, paper, tape, film, electronic media, etc).
- ‘Sensitive personal data or information’— Sensitive personal data or information of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to;—
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service;
- and any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
- “Use” means accessing the Website for any purpose including for enquiring on our products or services, log in to the Website, making any transaction on the Website etc. or entering into a transaction with Us in any other manner.
- “Website” means www.bharti-axagi.co.in or any other website which Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited may launch or operate¬ for its business purposes or otherwise.
The word “Data” and “Information” are used interchangeably in this document.
- Collection of Information
We may collect information from you in the following instances:
- When you submit your details in the physical or electronic mode including mobile applications in connection with the purchase of a an insurance cover from Us;
- When you provide information or data to Us while using the Website or while making any enquiry with Us either online or in any other manner;
- Any information which is derived from the information provided by you, eg. information generated through an online tool or Calculators available on the Website or while purchasing our products online.
- When you perform online transaction on the Website or any of the payment gateway links available on the Website.
- When We receive information from any third parties such as your employers, hospitals, , medical practitioners, clinics, motor workshops, travel agencies or banks, etc. in connection with provision of insurance services;
- When you participate in any events organized by Us, such as contests, recruitment fairs, functions and seminars including contests and quizzes on social networking websites;
- From cookies, or other technology deployed for the collection of statistical data on our website, web and mobile applications;
The collection of information allows Us to serve your needs in a better manner, including issuance of Insurance policies, settlement of claim etc.. You understand and acknowledge that certain data/information provided by you will be shared with our Service providers for the purpose of providing the services under the contract of insurance including any ancillary services required to be provided thereunder. You also understand and acknowledge that such data/information may also be shared with our group companies for research and analysis purposes.
We don’t store your credit card information or internet banking information. However, if you make online purchase of a policy from Us, the payment gateways on our website may collect your card number and expiry date for processing the payment.
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the Website.
We shall not retain any of your sensitive personal data or information unless retention of the information is required for rendering the services or is required under any Regulatory provision. Provided, however, in such case the information will be retained only for a period required for the purposes for provision of services or for a required under any applicable law as the case may be.
- Usage of the Information
By using this Website, you authorize Us to use your information for the following purposes:
- Contacting you over the telephone/ mobile number and/or e-mail address provided by you(hereinafter collectively referred to as “Contact Information”) for sending information of our products in which you have shown your interest.
- Sending you the information about our new products and services as well as that of our affiliates, policy renewal reminders, other service details and other general information about insurance.
- Sending or conveying information relating to issuance of policies, renewal reminders, claims related information etc.;
- Analyzing the data either in house by the Company or through any of its group or affiliate Companies or through any duly engaged service provider;
- Sharing the Personal Data with any Service provider duly engaged by Us, either in India or outside India for the purpose of providing any ancillary services to You arising out of the Contract of Insurance or otherwise, subject to We ensuring that such service provider has in place required security measures to protect Your Data both physically as well as in electronic form.
- Disclosing any information compelled under the rules, regulations, guidelines or order of any statutory body or Court.
By providing your Contact Information You have consented to be contacted by us on the said Contact Information even if the said Contact Information is registered under the National Do Not Call (“NDNC”) Registry, on Your own volition and free will. You may withdraw the consent or change your interests at any time and may opt-out of any marketing / promotional / newsletters mailings by sending us a letter or an email to that effect at email@example.com
The Company reserves the right to send you certain service related communication, without offering you the facility to opt-out.
The contact information will be removed from our database within 30 working days. However, even after un-subscription if you transact with us again in any of the manner stated under section “collection of information”, your information will be recollected and used as per this policy statement.
You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally authorise the Company to use the information provided by you to carry out your instructions and effecting transactions that you may undertake on the Website, in accordance with these Terms and such other terms as may be specified by the Company. The records of the Company generated by the transaction(s), including the recording of the time of the transaction(s), shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of such transactions.
The Personal Data and other information which We collect shall be stored either in India or abroad, subject to applicable Regulatory provisions. You hereby provide your consent to us to transfer/share your personal Data outside India for the purpose for which said information has been collected by Us. We shall always ensure that effective level of data protection to protect Your Personal Data is in place wherever Your Personal Data is stored or processed, which shall at no point be less than the regulatory compliance required in India.
- Sharing of your Information
We shall not share, rent, lease, or sell your personal information (e.g. your email address, your credit card information, your name, your address, etc.) to any third party for their independent use or benefit.
We may share your information collected by us with third parties for providing you with better services and offerings as stated under the section “Usage of Information”.
- Option to Update the Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information to the extent possible. If you find any of your personal information is wrong or inaccurate, we strive to give you ways to update the same. We will however verify your identity before proceeding with your request for such updation or correction.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, risk the privacy of others or updating which would be extremely impractical.
While we endeavor to provide the updation service free of charge, we may charge a fee, if the same is permitted under laws in India.
- Cookies and Log
We or our Partners may store cookie when you visit our Website or our Partner’s websites and access said cookies on your computer to allow you to buy and interact at the Website. The primary purpose of these cookies is to analyze how users move within our Web site. Our cookies let you view customized pages while transacting with us.
Cookies are small data files that a website stores on your device to “recognize” you on subsequent requests. Our cookies do not have confidential or personally identifiable information.
We may use various tools viz., Chart tool, tracking tool etc. on our website to improve the customer experience by showing services or advertising we think you may be interested in. Also, We use analytic tools, web beacons etc. to gather anonymous, aggregated statistical information (e.g. unique hits, page views, etc.) about our Website traffic. We use Non Persistent cookies for managing the users’ logged in session and persistent cookies for managing the performance.
However, you can turn-off the Cookies in your browser.
- Links to Third Party Websites
This Website may contain external links to websites operated by third parties other than BAGI. Such links are provided for your convenience only and BAGI has no control over such websites and no representation is being made by the Company as to their content and conduct. Use or reliance on any such links and the content thereon provided shall be at your sole risk.
When visiting such external links, you shall refer to the terms and conditions of use of such websites. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by You or any other person, to this Website, without the express prior written permission of the Company.
- How Do We Protect your Information
We have adequate security practices and procedures in place and a comprehensive documented information security programme and policies that contain managerial, technical, operational and physical security measures that are appropriate to protect information received by us. Our Operations are certified with International Standard ISO 27001:2013.
Although we shall endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using this Website, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.