Screen Damage Protection Plan for Livewire
- Screen Damage Protection Plan (“Plan”)
This accidental screen damage protection contract governs the registration and support process for screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel) damages under warranty for Samsung & Google (“Device”) sold by authorised seller channels in India & in its original packaging and purchased by an eligible Customer. This Plan is not valid for any devices or products that are purchased by a customer post a return from the original customer, and even in unboxed condition or from any other sales channels other than Authorised channels in India. Service Lee Technologies Private Limited (hereafter “Servify”) reserves the right to discontinue the Plan without any prior notice and at its own discretion
- Plan Period
- Period of coverage begins from the original purchase date of the Device whichever is earlier, and ends on completion of 180 days from the purchase date of the Device
- The screen damage protection coverage provided under this Plan is in addition to the coverage provided by the manufacturer’s hardware warranty
- Plan Activation Process
The Device must be purchased from a listed channel partner for availing benefits under this Plan. Upon the purchase of Device by the customer from such channel partner, the concerned channel partner will register the IMEI of the Device on the Servify Web Portal/App for registration and subsequent activation of the Plan. You are required to mandatorily download Livewire Care App on the same Device within 7 calendar days of purchase of the Device, and complete the activation process by entering the mobile number, name and email ID. In the event of lapse of the aforementioned time frame or in absence of activation on the App, the Plan will not be activated.
It is expressly agreed that the Customer &/OR the Sales channels partner provide customer details for required registration & activation process. Also, Servify bears no responsibility towards any details provided by Customer &/or by the sales channel partner with regards to its genuineness & correctness for the activation of the Plan
- Coverage Details
The purchaser of the Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Beneficiary of this Plan, referred to here as Customer. The Customer’s spouse, children, parents and siblings or the recipient of the Device as a gift can also be the user of the Device subject to the fulfilment of the conditions mentioned in the terms and conditions detailed here. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any authorised representative/employee of the company authorised to use the Device.
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the one-time cost incurred for screen replacement, during the Plan Period. Only one Screen Damage Repair Request per Device is allowed during the Plan Period. Any other repairs during the Plan Period or all subsequent repair requests shall be considered as paid repairs only, and the Customer is liable to make payments for such repair requests if undertaken through brand authorised service canters. In no instance if the Customer chooses not to get the screen damage repaired or is not willing to pay the differential amount applicable for the repair, Servify will not refund the Benefits Value to the Customer.
- Scope of Coverage
Provided the Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the repair process & that the Customer has submitted all the necessary documents as desired under this Plan and that the Customer has purchased the Device from an authorised sales channels, the following conditions would be covered. If the Device:
- Suffers accidental physical screen damage affecting the functionality of the screen
- Suffers damage due to:
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage during riot, strike & malicious damage
The Plan will not cover:
- Any damage or repair request raised and reported within 7 days of activation of this Plan
- Accidental liquid damage is not covered under this Plan with reference to the screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel) damages
- Fails to work because accidentally fluid has entered its internal circuitry, resulting into stoppage of the Covered Equipment & resulting into the screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel) damages
- Damage due to intentional act or wilful neglect
- Loss or damage arising before/after Plan Period
- Loss or damage not reported to Servify within 48 hours of the damage to the Device
- Any damage due to hire or loan of the Device to a third party or if ownership is transferred for a consideration to another Person
- Damage arising due to unlawful act including Terrorist activity, War, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber Attack
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects
- Damage caused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, gross negligence, incorrect installation and incorrect set-up
- Damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Damage caused by (a) a product/accessory that is not supported with the Device, (b) operating the Device outside the permitted or intended uses described in the original manufacturer warranty of the Device, or (c) service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Brand Authorized Service Center, or any failure/damage caused outside the Indian territory
- Device with a Serial Number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the original manufacturer of the device
- Any Loss or damage under mysterious circumstances including lost or Stolen
- Cosmetic damage to the Device including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports and not affecting the functionality of the Device
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Device or the software
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and Customer data are not covered under this Plan
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturers’, suppliers’ or repairers’ guarantee or warranty
- Problems or defects otherwise covered under the original manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee
- Recalls or modifications to the Device
- Accessories used in or with the Device
- Replacement of consumable item or accessory like, plugs, batteries, light bulbs, light covers, software and add-on options incorporated in a Device for which the Plan was activated.
- Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes
- Special Exclusions
Servify shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Device
- Damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is an accidental damage and not covered within the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Damage to the Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Servify shall not be liable for any loss or damage if:
- The Customer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Device and/or
- The Plan is activated after 7 days of purchase or of the Device, and/or
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit any information required to assess the eligibility, either at the time of activation of the Plan or Screen Damage Repair Request; or any documents required by Servify for processing same.
- The Plan shall also not cover a damage or loss:
- For compensation towards damage, if the said Screen Damage Repair Request has already been availed once
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit any activation or Screen Damage Repair Request related documents in order to process the same by Servify
- The Customer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or the Device
- In any action, suit or other proceedings where Servify alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, damage or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, damage or liability is covered shall be upon the Customer
- Screen Damage Repair Process
In the event of a screen damage of the Device, Customer is required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 48 Hours from the time of the damage) inform Servify through the
Livewire Care App or Servify Web Portal (Collectively “Servify Platform”) detailing how the damage occurred, place of damage, date & time of damage, and any documentary evidence of the damage as per the process listed on the Servify Platform. The screen damage incident and the claims from customer for repairs in totality is referred to as “Screen Damage Repair Request” here.
- Submit all Screen Damage Repair Request related documents as mentioned in the Servify Platform within two (2) calendar days of raising the said Screen Damage Repair Request or within the timelines as communicated by Servify
- The Screen Damage Repair Request is accepted only if it is lodged post 7 calendar days from the date of activation of the Plan and provided that the Device was in perfect working condition in those 7 days from the date of activation of the Plan.
- The Customer will not handover the Device for repairs at any service centre or point of sales, until confirmed by Servify and a valid Screen Damage Repair Request is registered with Servify as per the process defined hereinabove. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any repair requests where the device is handed over to a service center by Customer before the approval from Servify; and any liabilities arising out of such repair requests before the in-principal approval from Servify will be solely handled by the Customer at their own expense.
- Immediately (Not later than 48 Hours from the time of the damage) inform Servify through the
- Screen Damage Repair Request Fulfilment Process
- 1. Servify provides Pickup/Drop off (“PUDO”) service during an eligible Screen Damage Repair Request of the Device in select locations, and for the rest the Customer may visit the nearest brand Authorized Service center as directed by Servify via its communication channels once such Screen Damage Repair Request has been approved by Servify in-principle, and in writing or via the Servify Platform or on a voice call on the Customer’s registered number. Screen Damage Repair will be performed only at the brand authorised service center after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once the Customer is notified & that the service is complete, Customer will be notified via the Servify Platform and/or through written communication. The repaired or replaced Device will be delivered to the address provided by the Customer if PUDO service is opted by Customer. In case where the Customer has visited the brand authorised service center for Screen Damage Repair Request after the approval from Servify, the Customer may collect the Device post repair or replacement on their own within the stipulated time as per the brand authorised service center policies
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair or replacement service to the Customer, and the eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city Customer lives in and Servify has no control on the same.
- Customer’s Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, Customer agrees to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of their Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested again
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Device
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Customer of the Plan
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Device IMEI, Serial Number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid such damage or malfunction
- Follow the instructions Servify gives the Customer, including but not limited to refraining from sending the Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan
- Follow the instruction Servify gives the Customer for packing and shipping the Device if the Customer’s location is not serviced by Servify’s own PUDO service or its logistics service partners demand such a or packaging & / Or shipping .
- Take backup and delete the data residing in the before submitting the Device for any repair. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF SCREEN DAMAGE PROTECTION SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE BRAND AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTER MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify or the brand authorised service center will return the Device after the service event . Servify or the brand authorised service center may install the latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Device from reverting to an earlier version of the operating system . Third party applications installed on the Device may or may not be compatible or work with the Device as a result of such operating system upgrade or update. Customer will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, applications, data and passwords as per their need post such service interventions as part of the Screen Damage Repair Request fulfilment.
- Fill & submit the necessary details and the declaration as required for submitting a valid Screen Damage Repair Request
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMERS FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS’ DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM REPAIR COST OF SCREEN REPLACEMENT OF THE DEVICE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (I) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR/REPLACE THE DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (II) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (III) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE DEVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to Customer in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- Customer may be required to perform preventative maintenance on the Device to receive
service under the Plan, and update the Livewire Care Mobile Application (“Livewire Care App”) from
time to time whenever there is a new version available on the App Store or as advised
from Servify from time to time
- Customer may be required to perform preventative maintenance on the Device to receive service under the Plan, and update the Livewire Care Mobile Application (“Livewire Care App”) from time to time whenever there is a new version available on the App Store or as advised from Servify from time to time
- This Plan is offered and valid only if the Customer is residing in India or the damage to the screen occurred while the Customer is in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached at least the age of 18 years. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between Customer and them
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Device and the Plan confirmation from Servify, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute Customer’s and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to this Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed & or revised from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Servify & Authorised Sales Channel Partner does not own the responsibility of the communication for the changes made if any. Revisions in the terms & conditions, if any will be updated on this page.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect Customer’s statutory rights as a consumer, under Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1 800 123 333 888 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm)
- Servify Customer Service Email ID: email@example.com