Mi Screen Protection Plan – Re-up
Accidental Screen Damage Protection Plan
- The Plan
This accidental screen damage protection contract governs the registration and support process for screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel, LCM) damages to Xiaomi Devices sold by Authorised Sales Channels of Xiaomi in India in its original packaging. This Plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer, even in an unboxed condition.
- Plan Term
Coverage begins when you (Customer, who is the User of the Device) purchase the Plan for your Mobile Phone (“Device”) or expiry of Mi Screen Protect plan, whichever is later and ends on completion of one year from the expiry of Mi Screen Protect Plan (“Plan Term”)
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan is only available for customers who have an existing 1 Year Screen Damage Protection Plan Service registered on their Xiaomi device purchased through the Xiaomi authorised offline channel.
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt of your Device, the proof of your identity provided at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Request, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Registered Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of the Plan
- The accidental screen damage protection coverage (up-to 2 claims during the Plan term) provided by the Plan is additional to the coverage provided by the manufacturer’s warranty
- Coverage Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device that was successfully registered under the Plan by following the process as required as per the eligibility criteria is termed as “Registered Device”
The purchaser’s spouse, children, parents, relatives or friends can be the users of the Registered Device.
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to cost incurred for screen replacement for two instances, during the Plan Period. Any other repairs during the Plan Term or all subsequent repair requests shall be considered as paid repairs only, and the Customer is liable to make payments for such repair requests if undertaken through Servify.
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Xiaomi Authorised Service Centres in its entirety during the Damage Repair Request Process & that you have submitted the requirements as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from official sales channels of Xiaomi in India, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan.
- Suffers accidental screen damage like broken, cracked or shattered screen
- Suffers screen damage due to:
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage during riot, strike & malicious damage
- If the Plan was not purchased at the time of the Device purchase
- Any other damaged part of the Device, except the Screen
- Loss arising after the Plan term is expired
- Replace Damage caused by an intentional act
- Damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Damage caused if the service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a Brand Authorized Service Provider
- Device with a IMEI Number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the original manufacturer of the device
- Consequential loss or any kind of wear and tear damages to the screen like scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- If the said Screen Damage Repair Request has already been availed twice during the term of the Plan
- Add Claim reported after 7 days from the risk expiry date.
- Damaged device where the IMEI/Serial no. cannot be identified. Please note that the IMEI mentioned on the SIM tray will not be considered as an identification of the device IMEI.
- “Registered” Device
- Worldwide cover
The Registered Device is covered for damages occurring anywhere in the world. However, the fulfilment of the claim (repairs), will be done only in India as per the process mentioned.
- Screen Damage Repair Request Process
In the event of damage to the Device, you (Customer) are required to:
- Immediately inform Servify through the Servify App or Servify Consumer Portal (https://servify.in) or the Call Centre
- Submit all Request related information mentioned by Servify at the time of raising the Screen Damage Repair Request
- Please note, you will not handover the Device for repairs at any service centre, including at any Xiaomi Authorised Service Centre (ASC) until confirmed by Servify. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Device is handed over to a service centre by you before the approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such Damage Repair Request before the in-principle approval of the requests from Servify will be solely handled by You (Customer) at Your (Customer’s) own expense
- Pay an administration fee of Rs 350 + GST at the Xiaomi Authorised Service Centre while handing over the Device for repair, after approval from Servify
- Screen Damage Repair Request Fulfilment Process
- You may schedule an appointment with the nearest Xiaomi Authorized Service Centre (ASC) as indicated by Servify once the approval is provided. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the app or on its Consumer Web Portal about the status of the Screen Damage Repair Request and the next steps expected. Service will be performed at the Xiaomi Authorized Service Centre after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once you are notified & that the service is complete, you will promptly be notified via an email, SMS, Servify App & Consumer Web Portal.
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair service to you, and your Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- Your Responsibilities
- Replace Provide information about the reasons of the damage to the Device.
- Replace Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Device IMEI number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Device and any error messages displayed.
- Take backup and delete the data residing in the Device before submitting the Device for any repair. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF SCREEN DAMAGE PROTECTION SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE ASC MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify or ASC will return the Device after the service event or provide a replacement device as per Brand’s service policies. Servify or the ASCs may install the latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Device from reverting to an earlier version of the operating system as per Brand’s service policies. Third party applications installed on the Device may or may not be compatible or work with the Device as a result of such operating system upgrade or update. Customer will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, applications, data and passwords as per their need post such service interventions as part of the Screen Damage Repair Request fulfilment.
- Fill & submit the necessary details and the declaration as required for submitting a valid Screen Damage Repair Request
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED TWO TIME COST INCURRED FOR SCREEN REPLACEMENT OF THE DEVICE . SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE DAMAGED SCREEN OF THE DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- Transfer of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the covered Device from the Customer to another Device will render the Plan & its Coverage null and void
- If the Device is replaced under Warranty during the Coverage Period, then the replacement product is the Device, with coverage for the remaining period of the Plan as per the terms of the manufacturer’s limited warranty
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a purchase in India and using the Device in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of 18. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided such as firstname.lastname@example.org or the call centre numbers mentioned below
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1800 123 333 888 (Toll Free), All days, 9am to 9pm
- Servify Customer Support Email ID: email@example.com