Samsung Care+ Screen Protection Plan
- The Plan
Screen Protection Plan offered by Servify (Service Lee Technologies Pvt. Ltd.) governs the support process for screen (also referred to as display, touch screen, touch panel, LCM) damages to brand new smartphones sold by Samsung through its official channels in India
Screen Damage is any external, visible damage to the smartphone’s screen which impairs the usage or functionality of the smartphone.
This Plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer, even in an unboxed condition
- Plan Term
Benefits under the Plan begins when you (“Customer”, who is the User of the Device) purchases the Plan and ends on completion of Twelve months from date of purchase of the Device (“Plan Term”)
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan can be purchased only within 30 calendar days of the original purchase of the Device, and subject to the Device being in its perfect working condition.The purchase window may be extended by Samsung provided additional device diagnostics is available
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt of your Device, the proof of your identity provided at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Request, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Registered Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of the Plan
- The benefit of accidental screen damage protection provided by the Plan is additional to the benefits provided by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Coverage Details
- “Registered” Device
The Samsung Device that was successfully registered under the Plan within 30 calendar days from the original purchase of the Device is termed as “Registered Device”
The purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the purchase Invoice of the Device is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children and parents can be the users of the Registered Device. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorized to use the Registered Device
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to one-time cost incurred for screen replacement, during the Plan term. Only one Screen Damage Repair Request per Device is allowed during the Plan term of 12 Months. Any other repairs during the Plan Term or all subsequent repair requests shall be considered as paid repairs only, and the Customer is liable to make payments for such repair requests if undertaken through Servify. There is a Processing Fee charged during a repair event under Screen damage protection as mentioned below:
Device categorization Processing fee (incl taxes) Luxury 1999 Super Premium 1599 Premium 1599 High 1099 Mid 599 Low 349
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Screen Damage Repair Request Process & that you have submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from Brand Authorised Sales Channels in India, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan.
If the Registered Device:
- Suffers accidental physical screen damage like broken, cracked or shattered screen
- Suffers physical screen damage due to:
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
The Plan will not cover:
- Any Damage reported within 7 days of registration of the Plan
- Any loss or damage to the Registered Device:
- due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- arising before or after Plan term
- under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- due to serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the manufacturer
- Damage caused by:
- a product/accessory that is not the Registered Device
- service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not Samsung Authorized Service Centre (“ASC”)
- Recalls or modifications to the Device
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, or otherwise due to normal aging of the product or manufacturer defect
- Cosmetic damages like scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Any loss affecting to SIM card and any ancillary products even if Registered Device results into complete stoppage of working
- “Registered” Device
- Special Exclusions
Servify or Samsung shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Registered Device
- Loss or damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is accidental damage, and which is not covered within the manufacturer’s warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Damage due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Servify or Samsung shall not be liable for a damage repair request if:
- The Customer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device and/or
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit either the Repair Request processing documents or supporting documents required for processing the request
- Plan Activation Process
Instant activation: You do not need to activate the Plan. Your smartphone is automatically covered under the Plan from the Plan purchase date.
- Worldwide Cover
The smartphone is covered for damages occurring anywhere in the world. However, the repair will be done only in India as per the process mentioned.
- Screen Damage Repair Request Process
In the event of damage to the Registered Device, you (Customer) are required to:
- Immediately (not later than 7 Days from the time of the defect) inform Servify through the Samsung Consumer Web Portal , Samsung Call centre, Samsung Authorized service centre or Samsung retail outlets from where the consumer has bought the device(<>) detailing the defect, and any documentary evidence of the defect.
- Answer a few questions on the incident. The process is completely paperless, so, no documents will be required.
- Please note, you will not handover the Registered Device for repairs at any service centre, including at any Samsung Authorised Service Centre (ASC) until confirmed by Servify. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Registered Device is handed over to a service centre by you before the approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such Screen Damage Repair Request before the in-principle approval of the requests from Servify will be solely handled by You (Customer) at Your (Customer’s) own expense
- Screen Damage Repair Request Fulfilment Process
- Servify provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) Service for the Registered Device, for serviceable locations, for the rest you may visit the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Centre (ASC) as indicated in the Samsung Consumer Portal once the approval is provided. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the Samsung Consumer Web Portal about the status of the Screen Damage Repair Request and the next steps expected. Service will be performed at the Brand Authorized Service Centres after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once you are notified & that the service is complete, you will promptly be notified via the Samsung Consumer Web Portal. The repaired Device will be delivered to the address of initial pickup after completion of repair. In case, the PUDO service is not available, you will have to send the dispatch on “To Pay” basis to Servify’s central service hub, details of which will be communicated to you accordingly by Servify
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair service to you, and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Request (if requested)
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Registered Device. Provide identity proof if requested by Servify (at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Request) to verify the User of the Device, on which Plan is activated
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Customer of the Plan at the time of raising a Screen Damage Repair Request (if requested)
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Registered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Follow instructions Servify gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Registered Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan and packing the Registered Device in accordance with shipping instructions as per the Plan
- Take backup and delete the data residing in the Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF SCREEN DAMAGE PROTECTION SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE ASC MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify or the ASP will return the Device after the service event or provide a replacement device as per Brand’s service policies. Servify or the ASCs may install the latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Device from reverting to an earlier version of the operating system as per Brand’s service policies. Third party applications installed on the Device may or may not be compatible or work with the Device as a result of such operating system upgrade or update. Customer will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, applications, data and passwords as per their need post such service interventions as part of the Screen Damage Repair Request fulfilment.
- Fill & submit the necessary details and the declaration as required for submitting a valid Screen Damage Repair Request
- Cancellation And Refund
There is no cancellation allowed under this Plan
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY, SAMSUNG AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY, SAMSUNG AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE TIME COST INCURRED FOR SCREEN REPLACEMENT OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE . SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPLACE DAMAGED SCREEN OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- Transfer Of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Device to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to share the replaced Smartphone’s IMEI and the replacement invoice issued by the Authorised Sertvice Centre.
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- You are not required to perform preventative maintenance on the Registered Device to receive service under the Plan
- The smartphone is covered for damages occurring anywhere in the world. However, the repair will be done only in India as per the process mentioned.
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided such as email@example.com
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Support Contact Details:
- Samsung Customer Service Number: 1800-108-2222 (Mon-Sun, <>)
- Samsung Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org