Servify Protect for iPhone (24 Months)
Accidental & Liquid Damage Protection Plan
- Damage Protection Plan (“Plan”)
- Plan Coverage Duration
- Coverage begins when you (Beneficiary, who is the User of the Covered Device) purchase the Plan and ends on completion of Twenty Four months from date of original purchase of the Plan.
- This Plan can be purchased only within 7 calendar days of the original purchase of the Covered Device, and subject to the Covered Device being in its perfect working condition
- The registration and Plan activation has to be completed within 7 calendar days of purchase of the Covered Device
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Covered Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your Plan.
- The accidental damage protection coverage provided by the Plan is additional to the coverage provided by the manufacturer’s hardware warranty.
- Coverage Details
- Covered Value
- Scope of Coverage
Provided the Covered Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Claim Process & that the beneficiary has submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Covered Device from Manufacturer’s official sales channels in India, the following conditions would be covered:
If the Covered Device:
- Suffers accidental physical damage and/or such damage that causes Covered Device to stop working on normal usage
- Fails to work because accidentally fluid has entered its internal circuitry, resulting into stoppage of the Covered Device
- Suffers damage due to:
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage during riot, strike & malicious damage
- Plan Fee
- The Plan Fee is the amount paid by the bonafide beneficiary of the Covered Device before the Plan is activated and registered by the beneficiary or any other user as defined under Clause 3.1 above
- The Plan Fee has to be paid in full and in advance by the beneficiary before the activation of Plan
- Servify reserves the right to revise the Plan Fee at any time during the term of the Plan. However, any customer who has paid the necessary Plan Fee and activated the Plan before such revision shall not be impacted by the revision in the Plan Fee
The purchaser of the Covered Equipment whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Beneficiary. The purchaser’s spouse, children and parents can be the users of the Covered Equipment. If the purchaser is a company, Beneficiary shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorized to use the Covered Equipment
Maximum Covered Value is equivalent to the Sum Insured which is calculated as Depreciated Value of the device at the time of submitting the claim for availing protection as eligible under this Plan, less sum of total claimed amount during policy period. Claim limit is subjected to exhausting the applicable Sum Insured during the policy period of 24 months (2 Years). If the repair charges are more than the Sum Insured determined at the time of submitting the claim, the Beneficiary may choose to bear the differential price for obtaining the repair as determined by the Authorised Service Centre (“ASC”) of Servify, or receive the Covered Value as the complete settlement of the claim under this plan. The Beneficiary has to pay a Claim Processing charge of Rs. 1,000/- in case of repair OR settlement of claim during any claim event. Alternatively, if Beneficiary opts for reimbursement, when claim being assessed as Beyond Economic Repair then the applicable depreciated amount less the claim processing charges of Rs.1,000/- will be returned, as settlement subject to beneficiary returning the original device along with its original accessories and original box to Servify. In case the accessories along with the original box are not received by Servify, there will be a deduction of Rs 2,000/- from the final settlement amount (including Rs 1,000 of the Claim Processing Fee)
The Plan will not cover:
- Any damage or claim reported within 7 days of activation of this Plan
- Plan purchased beyond 7 days of iPhone purchase
- Any loss or damage under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- Loss or damage due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- Loss or damage arising before/after Coverage Period
- Loss or damage not reported to Servify within 48 hours of the loss or damage to the Covered Device
- Any loss or damage due to hire or loan of the Covered Device to a third party or if ownership is transferred
- Any damages occurred to the Covered Device prior to the activation/registration or incomplete registration
- Loss arising due to unlawful act including Terrorist activity, War, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber Attack
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects
- Loss or damage caused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, gross negligence, incorrect installation and incorrect set-up
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Any loss effecting to SIM card and any ancillary products even if equipment results into complete stoppage of working
- Damage caused by (a) a product/ accessory that is not the Covered Device, (b) operating the Covered Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by the original manufacturer of the device, or (c) service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Authorized Service Provider (ASP) of the original manufacturer of the device, or any failure/damage caused outside the Indian territory
- Covered Device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the original manufacturer of the device
- Covered Device that has been stolen
- Cosmetic damage to the Covered Device including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to normal aging of the product
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then current version
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Covered Device or the software
- Your use of a computer or operating system that is unrelated to consumer software or connectivity issues with the Covered Device
- Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Covered Device
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data are not covered under this Plan
- Any loss or damage to accessories and panels even if forming part of the standard pack or to any complimentary or ancillary product/s made available under any promotional scheme
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturers, suppliers or repairers guarantee or warranty. Problems or defects otherwise covered under the original manufacturer’s Warranty/ Guarantee
- Recalls or modifications to the Product
- Accessories used in or with the Product
- Replacement of consumable item or accessory like, plugs, batteries, light bulbs, light covers, software and add-on options incorporated in a Product for which the Service Contract was purchased. Batteries, internal or external to the product
- Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current. Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes
- Special Exclusions
Servify shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Covered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Covered Device
- Loss or damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is accidental damage and which is not covered within the manufacturer’s warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Covered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Covered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Servify shall not be liable for any loss or damage claim if:
- The user is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Covered Device and/or
- The Plan is purchased for the Covered Device after 7 calendar days from the date of purchase of the Covered Device
- Due to the inability of the Beneficiary to submit any of the claim processing and claim payment documents required by Servify or the risk underwriter for processing the eligible claim
- The Plan shall also not cover a damage or loss:
- For compensation towards damage, if the said claim has already been availed once
- Damage claim amount has exhausted the Covered Value of the Covered Device
In any action, suit or other proceeding where the risk underwriter or Servify alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, damage or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, damage or liability is covered shall be upon the Beneficiary
- Claim Process
In the event of damage to the Covered Device, you (Beneficiary) are required to:
- An immediate intimation (not later than 48 hours from the date and time of damage) about the damage should be given to Servify via its support channels comprising of the App or Portal (me.servify.in) or Call Centre Number (1 800 123 333 888)
- The event needs to be notified to Servify with cause or reason of damage
- Do not get the damaged Device repaired unless intimated by Servify via email, voice call or App notification
- Documents required during the claim: (1) Electronic claim form duly filled in with all the details of the damage, (2) ID proof, if required by the Insurer, (3) Purchase invoice, if requested by the Insurer
- Any other documentary proof as required by the Insurer to validate the claim
- Claim Fulfilment Process
- Servify provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) Service for the Covered Device, for serviceable locations, for the rest you may visit the nearest Servify Authorized Service Centre. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the App or on its Consumer Web Portal about the status of the claim and the next steps expected. Service will be performed at the Servify Central Service Hub location after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once you are notified & that the service (either repair or replacement) is complete, you will promptly be notified via the App & Servify Consumer Web Portal. The repaired or replacement will be delivered to the address of initial pickup within the next working day of completion of repair or replacement. In case, the PUDO service is not available, You will have to send the dispatch on “To Pay” basis to Servify’s central service hub, details of which will be communicated to you accordingly by Servify
- The Customer may also be eligible to get a temporary loaner phone (“Loaner Phone”), determined solely at the discretion of Servify, if (i) the Claim is approved by Servify, and (ii) the damaged Device has reached the Authorized Service Provider (“ASP”) recommended by Servify and has cleared the eligibility as per Servify policies. Servify may, at its discretion deny return of the repaired/replaced Device if the Customer is not able to return the loaner phone before collecting the repaired/replaced Device. For more details on eligibility for loaner phone and the terms associated with it, please refer to Annexure A
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair or replacement service to you, and your Covered Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Covered Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested again
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Covered Device
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Beneficiary of the Plan again
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Covered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Covered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Covered Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Follow instructions Servify gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Covered Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan and packing the Covered Device in accordance with shipping instructions
- Make sure to backup software and data residing on the Covered Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF DAMAGE PROTECTION SERVICE SERVIFY OR THE ASP MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE COVERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify, or ASPs will return your Covered Device after the service event or provide a replacement unit as the Covered Device was originally configured, subject to applicable updates. Servify or the ASPs may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Covered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Covered Device may not be compatible or work with the Covered Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords
- Fill and submit the Claim Forms and the Declaration Form as required for submitting a valid Claim
- Depreciation Matrix
- The standard depreciation matrix applicable for this Plan is as below:
Age of the Covered Device Depreciation Applicable Upto 90 days from the date of purchase of the Covered Device 10% of the Invoice Value Between 91 days to 180 days from date of purchase of the Covered Device 20% of the Invoice Value Between 181 days to 365 days from date of purchase of the Covered Device 30% of the Invoice Value Between 366 days to 549 days from date of purchase of the Covered Device 50% of the Invoice Value Between 550 days to 733 days from date of purchase of the Covered Device 60% of the Invoice Value
- Beyond Economic Repairs (BER): If the Covered Device is Beyond Economic Repairs, the applicable depreciated amount will be returned to you as settlement subject to you returning the original device along with its original accessories and original box to Servify. In case the original accessories and box is not received, there will be a further deduction of Rs. 2000/- from the final settlement amount
- The standard depreciation matrix applicable for this Plan is as below:
- Cancellation and Refund
The Plan cannot be cancellation or refunded once purchased.
- Transfer of Plan
The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Covered Device from the Beneficiary to another party will render the Plan & its Coverage null and void
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS’ EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE DEPRECIATED VALUE OF THE COVERED DEVICE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE COVERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE COVERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- General Terms
- Servify as a Group Manager on behalf of its customers has arranged an Insurance cover with a leading Insurance Company (‘the Insurer’). Servify is only the holder of the policy and you shall be the beneficiary in the event of a claim. It may be noted that Servify shall only facilitate the registering and processing of the claim with the Insurance Company and the decision on the claim is provided by the Insurer only, Servify has no influence on the decision of the claim
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a claim in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached at least the age of 18. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact Servify at the support mediums provided such as email@example.com or the call centre number of Servify
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Covered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1 800 123 333 888 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm)
- Servify Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loaner Phone. Customer acknowledges receipt of the Loaner Phone listed below which, at Servify’s discretion, may be new or refurbished or of the same make or brand or otherwise, and agree to return it to Servify at the time of Delivery of the repaired Device or (ii) upon Servify’s written request to do so (each, a “Return Date”):
- The Serial Number of the Loaner Phone is listed on the Servify Platform for the service on Customer Device.
- From the date on which Customer receives the Loaner Phone through the Return Date, title to the Loaner Phone shall at all times remain vested with Servify.
- Failure to Return Loaner Phone. In the event that Customer fails to return the Loaner Phone to Servify by the Return Date (i) all right, title and interest in the Customer Device shall automatically vest in Servify and that the Customer hereby transfers, assigns, and sets over unto Servify, the Customer Device, and Servify may use or dispose of the Customer Device as Servify sees fit; and (ii) Customer will obtain full ownership rights in the Loaner Phone and accept the Loaner Phone provided to them as a full replacement of the Customer Device. However, the Customer accepts that none of the original terms of sale, including the remainder of any Warranty terms still in effect, that applied to the Customer Device shall not continue in force and shall not apply to the Loaner Phone.
- Extended Return Date. Customer may submit a request to Servify for an extension of up to five (5) days beyond the standard return period which is typically the period which Servify or Authorised Service Provider takes to repair the Device. Customer may submit a request for the extension by contacting Servify at the given support numbers or email identities or Servify Platform through which the Loaner Phone was provided. Upon approval of the five (5) day extension, the extended date will become the Return Date for purposes of these terms, and Customer will be required to return the Loaner Phone by that extended Return Date. All of the terms set forth in this Loaner Agreement will apply to that extended Return Date.
- Replacement. In certain cases, Apple may, at its own discretion, decide that replacement of the Customer Device is required (e.g., where repair is not possible). Upon its decision to replace the Customer Device: (i) Customer will return the Loaner Phone to Servify and collect the replacement Device, for which all original terms of sale that applied to the Customer Device, including the remainder of any warranty terms still in effect will apply, except the benefits under the Plan; (ii) provided that Customer returns the Loaner Phone, Customer will obtain full rights of ownership in the replacement Device, and (iii) all right, title and interest in the Customer’s original Device shall automatically vest in Apple and Customer hereby transfers, assigns and sets over unto Servify, the original Device, and Apple may use or dispose of the original Device as Apple sees fit.
- Safeguarding. Customer must take reasonable and prudent precautions to protect the Loaner Phone against damage, loss, or abuse while in their care, custody, and control. If the Loaner Phone is lost, stolen or damaged, Customer must notify Servify immediately. Only Servify may service the Loaner Phone. Customer may be held responsible for repair or replacement costs as determined by Servify if the Loaner Phone is lost, damaged, or stolen while on loan or is repaired by any other party other than Servify.
- Permitted Use. The Loaner Phone is to be used solely by Customer and the designated Customer while Customer Device is being serviced by Servify (“Service Period”). Customer must not use the Loaner Phone for any unlawful purpose. Only software with valid licenses should be loaded on the Loaner Phone.
- Delete Files upon Return of Loaner Phone. Customer acknowledges that before returning the Loaner Phone, they are responsible for erasing all files, including personal and/or confidential files and data, created by them. Therefore, should they wish to retain any files they created, they should backup their files using iTunes or other similar file management capabilities so that the files can later be transferred to their repaired or replaced Device. Customer is responsible for removing and storing any such files prior to returning the Loaner Phone. Servify is neither responsible nor liable for any files or data remaining on, or erased from the Loaner Phone, following its return.
- Installed Software. Customer acknowledges that all software provided with the Loaner Phone is licensed specifically to this Loaner Phone and they will not remove it. Customer also agrees not to copy or otherwise reproduce, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any software, the equipment, or components provided with the Loaner Phone.
- Servify Liability. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Servify will not be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect damages arising out of these terms or the use of the Loaner Phone, including without limitation any losses of or affecting Customer’s personal property, software or data.
- Governing Law.
This risk underwritten accidental damage protection contract governs the support process for physical and fluid damages for iPhones (“Covered Device”) sold by its manufacturer’s official sales channels in India & in its original packaging. This Plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer, even in unboxed condition.
Loaner Phone Agreement (“Loaner Agreement”)
Service Lee Technologies Private Limited. (“Servify”) is pleased to extend the offer of a loaner phone to the Customer while service is performed on their current Device (“Device”). By taking possession of the equipment identified in section 1 (“Loaner Phone”) and signing this Loaner Agreement, Customer agrees to all the terms and conditions listed below:
This Loaner Agreement is governed by the laws of India and courts of Mumbai will have exclusive jurisdiction over it.
The undersigned has read and understands this Agreement and hereby acknowledges receipt of a copy.
Customer Signature :